TERMS & CONDITIONS
Among the many exciting products and services we offer to accompany your new vehicle, we also have a range of insurance backed/based packages available to provide protection and reassurance for you to ensure your ownership experience is as exciting in the future as it is today.
This initial disclosure document outlines to you how our service includes the provisions of such products. Here at Roger Young Limited we have a very strong customer care philosophy and in support of this, we adhere to all current legislative guidelines.
1) THE FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY (FCA)
The FCA is an independent watchdog, formed by the Government that regulates the Financial Services Industry From January 14th 2005 we will be authorised for the sale and administration of general insurance service products. It requires us to give you this document. Please use this document and the information contained in it to decide if our services are right for you.
2) WHOSE PRODUCTS DO WE OFFER?
We offer a range of products from a limited number of insurers.
3) WHICH SERVICES WILL WE PROVIDE YOU WITH?
We will advise and make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your needs for; Guaranteed Asset Protection, Fixed Cost Maintenance, Payment Protection, Tyre and Alloy cover.
4) WHAT WILL YOU HAVE PAY FOR OUR SERVICES?
No fees are charged for our service. Our in-house specialist will provide you with a quotation which will clearly outline the cost of the products you choose.
5) WHO REGULATES US?
Roger Young Limited are directly authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Firm reference no: 311240.
6) WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT.
If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:
In writing to; The Managing Director, Roger Young Limited , Wood Acre, Saltash Parkway, Saltash. PL12 6LF
By phone to: 01752 849999
By visiting: Roger Young Limited, Wood Acre, Saltash Parkway, Saltash. PL12 6LF
7) ARE WE COVERED BY THE FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPENSATION SCHEME (FSCS)?
From January 2005, all authorised insurance intermediaries will subscribe to the above scheme. Therefore, products bought after this date will be covered.
In accordance with the Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulations 2000 if a Customer , as a private consumer, enters into a contract (for the purchase of a vehicle) prior to a face to face meeting with Roger Young Limited the Customer may cancel the contract on written notice within 14 working days of collection.
- On cancellation the Goods shall be immediately returned to Roger Young Limited at the Customers cost
- If the Customer fails to deliver the Goods to Roger Young Limited , Roger Young Limited may make a charge for its direct costs of recovering the Goods from the customer. Roger Young Limited may deduct this charge from any sum that Roger Young Limited must pay or repay to the Customer
- On cancellation any credit agreement will be cancelled
- On cancellation the Customer must, until the Goods are restored to Saltash, take reasonable care of the Goods and keep the Goods in the Customers possession
- If the cancelled contract involved a part- exchange Roger Young Limited will return the part- exchange or pay the agreed part- exchange value to the Customer at Roger Young Limited discretion
- If the Customer has altered ,modified, personalised, or done anything to the Goods inconsistent with Roger Young Limited ownership of the Goods, then if the Customer cancels the contract for the Goods he shall indemnify Roger Young Limited for any loss they suffer as a result of such alteration ,modification or thing done to the Goods which is inconsistent with Roger Young Limited ownership
- If the Goods are made to the Customers specifications or clearly personalised then the customer does not have the right to cancel the contract
As a general policy Roger Young Limited recommend a viewing of any vehicle before a Customer enters into a contract to purchase. As such wherever possible Roger Young Limited preferred and recommended route to contract will be to accept a holding deposit until the customer can make the necessary arrangements to visit the dealership or drive the prospective vehicle. In such cases if the Customer does not make the necessary arrangements to visit the dealership or test drive the car within 7 days of placing the holding deposit it will be deemed that the contract has been finalised as a conventional sale and not a distance sale.
INSURANCE COVER FOR COMPANY VEHICLES
The law states that a driver must be insured to drive a vehicle on the Queens Highway.
Option for our customers:
Transfer cover to their policy
- Not all companies do this
- Most charge to swap cover
- Check that cover is fully comp, some will only be 3rd party only
Drive on Roger Young Ltd Motor Trade Policy (private use only).
This is free however the policy has £1000.00 excess on which the customer is responsible for.
Drive on RY Ltd policy and pay a £25.00 per day excess wavier.
Insure with Cover plus Day insure (no upper age limit and covers business use).
£10.00 per day (up to ABI group 43) Excess £750.00.
£5.00 per day excess wavier.
- Be aged 21 and held a valid UK driving license for at least 12 months.
- Have no motoring offence involving alcohol, drugs, careless, dangerous or reckless driving or taking a vehicle without consent in the last 3 years.
- Have no more than 8 penalty points.
- Have not been involved in more than 2 at fault accidents or claims in the last 3 years.
- Have not been convicted in the last 5 years of any criminal offence relation to fraud, robbery, theft, or handling stolen goods, including any prosecution pending.
- Not be employed as a professional entertainer or as a professional sportsperson.